Google Reader Shared Items

10.15.2005

Street Fighter vs. Mortal Kombat. Fun little flash.


I definitely need to make this Portable Electromechanical Slug Thrower. Although I should finish the electromagnetic bb gun Jake got me first...(if you saw the size of the capacitors, you'd be worried about finishing it too)


The power of the sleep cycle. A good article on how to function on only a little sleep.

10.14.2005


Toss a camera into the air while the shutter is open and you end up with some pretty cool pics.

10.13.2005

This Microsoft gaming innovation is awesome. Really really futuristic and looks like a lot of fun.


The first Chinese car to be sold in Europe has gotten a zero score on its safety test. This is the worst any car has ever done and I think this crash test video pretty much sums it all up.

This dude hacked Myspace so that he ended up with roughly a million friend requests. It's a pretty funny read. If you're wondering what those Myspace pictures mean, go here (pretty funny as well).

"Progress is exponential–not just a measure of power of computation, number of Internet nodes, and magnetic spots on a hard disk–the rate of paradigm shift is itself accelerating, doubling every decade. Scientists look at a problem and they intuitively conclude that since we’ve solved 1 percent over the last year, it’ll therefore be one hundred years until the problem is exhausted: but the rate of progress doubles every decade, and the power of the information tools (in price-performance, resolution, bandwidth, and so on) doubles every year. People, even scientists, don’t grasp exponential growth. During the first decade of the human genome project, we only solved 2 percent of the problem, but we solved the remaining 98 percent in five years."

10.10.2005

Article on Orkut and its 7.5 million Brazilian users.

This Java OS looks pretty cool, although I bet it eats up resources like crazy.

Holy crap, drop some Mentos into a 2-liter bottle of soda and the thing will empty in just a few seconds. Gives new meaning to the phrase "soda fountain".

10.09.2005

ARRRR! I be holdin' yer flag, me noobs!


1000 Things Made out of Bamboo. Need I say more?

Did you know Green Day - Basket Case, Blues Traveler - Hook, Coolio - C U When You Get There, Vitamin C - Graduation (Friends Forever), and Happa-Tai - Yatta are all based on the same song, Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D Major?


Holographic Images circa 2005. Imagine how real they will look in just 10 years...

This real life photoshop brush looks like a lot of fun to use.

Amazon Deals