This article on Swarm Behavior talks about some of the interesting applications of this natural phenomenon utilised by fish, caribou, bees and ants. Swarm behaviour can be used in robotics, truck routes, and airplane routing, along with other areas.
If you have an older Mercedes like Jake and I, these pages might be a lot of help:
- Mercedes Vacuum Troubleshooting (ie: if your doors don't lock, your car won't turn off, or your transmission is shifting crazily, it's probably this) and another guide
- How to Disable Your EGR and a thread on why you'd want to do it in the first place
- A DIY page on Common W123 and W126 Repairs (includes 300TD models)
- A bunch of Mods for Diesel Mercedes
- Injector Cleaning Using Diesel Purge
- Anything else I missed
Oh, and if you're looking at converting your car to run on veggie oil, this is kind of interesting.
Want a custom designed credit card? This cool article: Pimp My Card: How to Skin Your Student Credit Card has a method to turn your existing card into one with custom graphics. It sounds pretty cool, I'll have to try it as soon as I can get around to picking up transfer paper.